Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Starbucks treat



At our house we love Starbucks, and especially this time of year. I love the Gingerbread Latte, Gingerbread Macadamia Nut Biscotti, and the Cranberry Bliss Bar!! As if we didn't have a hard enough times during the holidays with tempting and yummy foods, Starbucks has to bring out all of my favorites! Well, this year I got a little worried when the Gingerbread Latte came out in Danville, but the Cranberry Bliss Bar was nowhere to be found. I even asked the manager if they would be getting it. She had no idea what I was even talking about. I was so sad, that I knew I had to do something. I began searching for a recipe for Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars. I found one and decided to give it a try. My thought was that if I could never get a Cranberry Bliss Bar here in Danville, at least I could make them. Tonight our old Sunday school class had a Christmas party and we were invited. I had the perfect opportunity to try out my new recipe. I was a little dissapointed by them... my white chocolate melted into the bars instead of staying in solid chunks and they didn't seem as moist... but I am also my own worst critic, especially in the kitchen. Jon says that they tasted better than Starbucks. That's a pretty good compliment from a non-dessert kind of guy. I am still not convinced, but it was fun to try. I may try them again and tweak the recipe a bit.:) If you have never tried the ones at Starbucks, you really should go and get one!!

3 comments:

Emily Schueler said...

Sheesh, they look dreamy! I'd be your willing subject and give them a shot!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've had the ones at Starbucks... maybe Jeremy will have to make a trip to Starbucks tonight. :)

Jon's Supercutie said...

You should definitely try them! They are yummy!!!