Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boxes, boxes everywhere!!

I cannot believe that my last post was the middle of August. Shame on me! Well, since then A LOT has changed for our family. Right now we are in the midst of packing up our entire house and getting ready for not only a major cross country move, but also a major career change. Jon will start this next week at Grace Church of Glendora in Glendora, California, as the Young Adults Pastor with the Company 122 ministry. If you don't know the story about how it all unfolded, let me know and I will tell you... it is too long to blog about, but it is VERY cool and VERY much a God thing!! My Mom is on her way down here right now to visit and help with the kids and packing. We have gotten a lot of packing done, but still have the part I am dreading the most... my kitchen! I LOVE my kitchen and being in my kitchen... it is my "happy place." I love all my fun gadgets and cookery type things... I am scared to pack them myself... will any of them survive the trip? I just keep telling myself it is just stuff... and it is, but some of that "stuff" I am really rather fond of.:) The moving truck will be here on Saturday along with some hired loaders. The kids and I will be getting out of the way by them going to a babysitters and me going to a ladies Bible study brunch. Sunday is our cleaning day, and then Monday morning we will be on the road. We are heading south to visit some dear Hawaii friends and also our former pastor and his family. From there we head to Birmingham, AL where we will pick my father-in-law up at the airport, grab some dinner, and shut-eye and then the real fun begins. We will then travel west with 2 cars, 2 kids, 3 adults, and 1 poor kitty cat, who hates riding in the car. It should make for a grand adventure!!:) I seldom really care if I have the newest coolest cellphones... but for an occasion like this, I really am wishing that I had an i-phone so I could be sending updates and fun pictures while we drive. We are very excited and also a bit nervous and overwhelmed as we enter this brand new chapter of our lives. We know that God is in this, so we just rest in Him and look forward to being both the participator and spectator in seeing Him at work.

3 comments:

Emily Schueler said...

Hey guys-We are certainly on your side in prayer as you make this exciting leap of faith. Please let us know particular prayer requests as you go. Did you sell the home in Danville? Do you have a home waiting in CA? Again, keep us in the loop so we can be chattin' with the Almighty for you! We love you!

Kimberly said...

Take care on your trip to your new home! Know that we are praying for you every step of the way, getting to CA, getting settled into the new home, and you guys as Jon joins the team at Grace! We love you and are so thankful for the time the Lord allowed us to get to know each other. Thanks for the Spiedie marinade, looking forward to having them soon, especially with homemade chips! :) Praying King Jesus' blessings on you all as you start this new chapter together.

The Queen said...

Praying for you guys! I wish you had an iphone too! Although I can wait some more for another post. :) I know it's going to be a great trip, and I'm so excited for your new adventure to start!!!!