Saturday, May 1, 2010

That's my girl!!




So back when I was pregnant with Kai, I was planning on when I would run my first half-marathon. I got on the computer and started searching for some. I came across one that just sounds AWESOME! It is held at Walt Disney World in March, and it is only for woman, and called the Disney Princess Half-Marathon. You run through the park and the princesses are all throughout. You are given pink, ultra-girly running shirts to wear, the whole things is just geared for women. It is a weekend long event, as far as the other activities which include a family fun run of a mile. After reading about it, I told Jon all about it and how I thought it would be so fun to run and that maybe Eliana could do the fun run. Well, Eliana overheard me talking about it, and because of the Princess theme, she has not forgotten it. She says all the time that she is practicing to run the Princess race and that she is going to win it over all the other kids, because she just likes princesses the best.:) She does laps around the house as part of her training. The other day I came across her running around with her water bottle tucked into her pants, but she was complaining because it kept falling out. I went and got her my hydration belt that I used for my long runs when I trained for my half. She was so excited to wear it. She wanted to know what went in the pouch, so I told her that I put my cell phone in it, so she ran to get her pretend cell. She has an old watch that my father-in-law gave her that she pretends is her ipod, so she had that strapped to her arm. Then she was all ready to run! So cute! I love that she is interested in running! Jon and I talk often about how cool it would be if one day her and I ran a race together.:) So these are just some pics of her all geared up for her run.:)

1 comment:

erin said...

Very cute! You all have an inspired little running family. Wish I were close and we could run together. I'm doing a bridge run in coronado this weekend. You can bring jogging stroller's too. I'm so excited. :-)