Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Kai!!!



It seems like just yesterday that we were heading to the hospital to get ready to meet you for the first time, Little Man. I was so excited and so nervous at the same time. The Doctor's and nurses that delivered you were very nice and made Mommy feel much more calm. Before I knew it they were talking about what a big baby you were and how they didn't know where you had hid all 8 lbs. 6 0z. of you inside of me. Then there were comments about all your dark hair, and then there you were. Daddy was bringing you close so I could get a good look at you. I got really choked up because there you were the amazingly perfect answer to Mommy's very specific prayer. I asked God for a son that would look just like his Daddy... and there you were looking so much like your Daddy and just as I had envisioned you looking when I would pray to God about you. Unfortunately Mommy couldn't hold you then, and it would actually be quite a while later until I would get to hold you for the first time because you were having trouble breathing and the baby nurses had to take very special care of you. I finally got to see you at 2 am the following day, and the nurses even let me hold you. Oh what a moment that was for me!! I will never forget it... Mommy was so overcome with love for you, My Precious Son, but at the same time, so nervous for you as you were still having trouble breathing. It took you a little while but you got better and we got to take you home on Mommy and Daddy's 5th Anniversary. We had a bit of a rough time at the beginning with you learning to eat, but you definitely don't have any trouble with that now. We have had such a wonderful time with you this first year, Kai. Mommy, Daddy, and Eliana all adore you. You bring so much joy to our lives. You are adventurous and never sit still. You are already walking and you love to climb on anything and everything. You can say several words: Mommy, Daddy, Eliana, ball, bye-bye, uh-oh, no no, Aw-ya(that's how you say Maka), and a whole lot of other stuff that we can't really understand right now. You love your Big Sister and she loves you. Mommy loves to see you two together. You are all boy and love to play rough and play with balls and trucks. You really love electronics, like tv remotes, cell phones, the flip, and other things like that, but you can't really play with those. You really just bring us so much joy, my precious boy. Mommy is so grateful for this past year that we have had with you, and she looks forward to so many more years. We love you so much, Kai!! Happy Birthday sweet boy!!

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Happy Birthday you adorable boy you! Love those pictures, and can it be that you are already one?! Where has the time gone? You're one handsome little man and I hope we get to see you soon!