Thursday, January 15, 2009

A neat surprise...

I got a call this morning from the crisis pregnancy center in town. They had just gotten a brand new ultrasound machine and needed someone to test it out on. One of the ladies from church volunteers there, so she called me. Of course I was all for getting a peek at U2. My last peek was at 10 weeks, so almost 2 months ago. I hesitated for just a moment to call Jon and make sure it was okay. I knew there was a possibility that we would be able to tell the sex. He sent me on my way, but on the drive there I decided that I would have the tech look and take a picture and then put the info. in an envelope for Jon and I to open together when he gets home from work. U2 had other plans! She/he stayed with their back to us the entire time!!:) So we will just wait for the official ultrasound... I find out when that will be next Wednesday. I am actually relieved we didn't find out! I was a nervous wreck about doing so. This gives me more time to gear up and pray up.:) But it was such a wonderful treat to have a little peek at U2 and see that he/she appears to be doing very well. Eliana was thrilled to be a part of it, and to get to hold the pictures of her little sibling.

2 comments:

Emily Schueler said...

What fun. Do you have new photos to share then?

The Queen said...

That is really really cool! I'm glad it all worked out that you can wait for the "official" ultrasound, but still be reassure the baby is doing well! Ultrasounds are always fun (except when you have to have a full bladder).