Monday, January 12, 2009

A "premonition" and more nap time adventures...

We mentioned in our Christmas letter that Eliana wants a baby brother and always talks about U2 as if it were a boy. We have done our best to explain to her that we don't know yet, and that we will have what God wants us to have. I am also trying my very best, with the Lords help, to be content with either a boy or girl, even though my heart still longs for a sweet dark haired boy that looks like his Daddy. Well yesterday at church I had several people come up to me and say that they had found out I was having a boy. I asked how and they said that Eliana was telling people we were having a boy! Oh my! What do I do with this? As if it weren't challenging enough for me to be content with either, those same people were telling me stories of how their child had "predicted" early on what their sibling would be. Lord help me... I don't need any more encouragement!:) We have again talked to Eliana about how we don't know yet, and that U2 could be either, but we shall see what she does with that.

Jon wanted me to share this story from yesterdays attempted naptime. Once again Eliana did not nap, but instead was singing and talking in her bed. At one point she was yelling down the stairs, "Jon, Jon, I'm awake. Come get me." And then it moved to various versions of, "Come get me because I am American. Uyboco's are American. Jon is American." All of these crazy, random statements were followed by the sound of a muffled giggle. We could just picture her sitting up on her bed covering her mouth with both her little hands and she giggled over her silliness. We have no idea where she gets these things from!:)

4 comments:

Emily Schueler said...

Freedom of speech....she's onto you. Better curb that political loftiness early! So cute though!

The Queen said...

Haha. Sabrina is always asking when I will get pregnant, and if I could please have a boy? I guess she figured out that having a little sister isn't all it's cracked up to be!

erin w. said...

so do YOU have a feeling of what little U2 is? I sure did with both of mine.

Jon's Supercutie said...

Erin, I am not even going there.:) With Eliana I was ABSOLUTELY convinced that she was a boy. The fact that she was Eliana, was perhaps the biggest shock of my life! I am trying to not make a guess.:) Things are definitely different this time, but I had also put on a considerable amount of weight with Eliana that I haven't with this one... so I don't feel like I can go off that.