Monday, January 5, 2009

We have now been home for 3 full days, after being gone for 10. Our trip went by very fast and was very busy, but we enjoyed it just the same. The first part of our trip, including Christmas, was spent in So. Cal. with Jon's family. It was a special time for my in-laws as they had not had both boys and their families home for Christmas in many years. We celebrated a traditional English Christmas, which was very special. I think that Eliana's favorite part was the Christmas crackers, which she continued to want to open the entire time we were there. We had a good time, and even got to enjoy some sunny days in the 70's. One of my favorite times of the trip, was taking an early morning run with my hubby around his old neighborhood. It was really cold at first and I felt like my hands were going to fall off, but it was just so nice to be running and sharing that time and memory with the love of my life. The mountains were also absolutely gorgeous as they were covered with snow. We visited Disneyland and were thrilled to meet up with the Crestetto's, friends from our Hawaii days, while we were there. While we just saw them for a bit, it was great to see them again and to finally meet Jared. He is absolutely adorable!!

On our way back home to Virginia we made a slight detour to the Atlanta area to meet up with some other friends from Hawaii, the Spayds and Conners. Julie, Hang, and I were all pregnant at the same time along with two other girls at our church in Hawaii. Our babies were all born within months of each other, so it was really fun to see those children playing together. All of those friends now have two kids, but we are slowly catching up.:) It was a wonderful visit, and just felt like old times! Thank you Sam and Julie for being such wonderful hosts!

I will try and post some pictures pretty soon of our trip, so check back.:) My next doctor's appointment is the 21st of this month. At that appointment they will schedule my ultrasound and we will hopefully be able to figure out what Baby U2 is. It is funny this time that I am finding out, that it seems to be taking FOREVER to get to that ultrasound. Another funny thing is that I have not looked at any boys names in baby books or even talked about them with Jon. We have both looked at and discussed girl names a lot!! Emily is this how it was for you with Aubrey?

3 comments:

The Queen said...

Hooray! A new post! We are excited to find out what you are having (as well as you too Emily! Are you in labor yet?)! That is awesome you could meet up with so many Hawaii friends! For such a small Island it sure did forge a lot of good friendships. Isn't God's family the coolest? :) Can't wait to see the pictures of Eliana's Cali Christmas! Love you guys!

Emily Schueler said...

So, did your boy name change? I think our 2nd choice boy name after Ayden changed between Ayden and Aubrey and now that name is completely out of the running. It was Josiah and we didn't want it to become a Joe. Interesting how that works. We had a tougher time this time with the boy name. Such a hard choice isn't it? Have you looked at any books or do you usually just hear and fall in love with a name? I can't do those books, so many names are too overwhelming to me. Yikes!

Jon's Supercutie said...

I found Eliana's name on the internet by googling baby names.:) I search all sorts of things. The girl name is so tricky because of Eliana's name. I don't feel that I can have just any name because the child would feel jipped that her sister has a musical and unique name... so we are thinking of a Hawaiian girls name. The boy name... I have been looking through a book we have, but Jon and I haven't discussed it.:) Actually he keeps throwing out really weird boy names that he hears or sees somewhere... yesterday it was Rufus, from an actor on the movie Amazing Grace.