Monday, February 9, 2009

Pregnancy question...

When I went in for my ultrasound, the tech told me that my placenta was marginally low-lying and she said that the Dr. would be following that carefully. I wasn't that worried about it, because I had heard that it was common and that it usually moves as the pregancy progresses. I just got a call today from the Dr's. telling me that I have another ultrasound scheduled for the beginning of March to check on the placenta. Has anyone experienced this in pregnancy? For my running friends, can my running cause that? I have my regular appointment in 2 weeks, so I will ask my Dr. more about it then, but I just wanted to see if you gals can give me any info. or reassurance about it. I didn't have this with Eliana, but did read that a previous c/s can cause the placenta to be low-lying. Any words would be appreciated!:)

6 comments:

Emily Schueler said...

Sorry, I don't know. I do know that you are a tiny little lady so it wouldn't take much to make it "low-lying"! By the way, he's already a handsome little dude in his 1st pics!

The Queen said...

Did you google it? What did you find out? I have no idea. Sorry to be no help at all.

Detroit said...

Hey Friend! So glad to see I can keep track through your blog! You look great and congrats!!! Love, Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanna! I found your blog through the schueler's blog. I saw one of your comments and clicked on your link. Congratulations on the boy! I just had a successful VBAC with my third and let me tell ya, if your doctor is willing to let you VBAC, it makes all the difference with recovery. I was on pitocin for 27 hours, but the baby came out and I was able to leave the hospital the next day. Private medicine will be a different experience for you from military medicine. Again, congrats on the boy! Hope he looks like daddy. Jen

erin w. said...

Definitely check with your doctor. The doctor strongly suggested to stop running after my little scare with Camille (which is completely different from this), but its good to make sure.

The Millers said...

Both my sister and sister-in-law both had this. My sister's moved and had a normal delivery. My bro's wife's (on baby 2 out of 4)moved the other way and completely covered the cervix. She was admitted to the hospital maybe around the 7th month because of bleeding (her nearest ER made her wait for hours to be seen which made her OB nervous, so he admitted her). They did a c/s at 36 weeks once the lungs were cleared. She went on to have two VBACS after that baby! It is something they have to watch though case it moves the wrong way like my sister in law.