Monday, April 19, 2010

Kai is 10 months old!!




I cannot believe that my sweet baby boy is now 10 months old! He is as sweet as ever and we are enjoying every moment watching him grow. He is a very busy boy! He started crawling shortly after the New Year, and then within just a week or two of that accomplishment, began pulling himself up on things, starting to climb, and taking steps while holding onto things. He is doing everything a lot sooner than his big sister did and a lot closer together. It makes the child-proofing of the house very interesting. There are things that Eliana never tried doing that Kai is determined to do... as evidenced by his trip to explore the dishwasher. He has already had his first taste of Maka's food and seemed to enjoy it, so we are very quick to get her food up and out of the way whenever he is roaming the house. He still refuses to try and learn to sign... he has "all-done" down but has no interest in any of the others. Oh well, I will keep trying and see if he signs the words first or decides to just say them.:) He is my little cuddler and loves to have his face touched. He will pull your hand onto his face and hold it there, especially if he is sleepy. He and Eliana love to hold hands in the van any time we are driving somewhere. Someday I am going to have to try and get a picture of that. He loves the outdoors and goes to lift the blinds and peek out them first thing everyday. If I have the windows open in the front of the house, he will stand there and jabber out them to the world beyond. His hair is continuing to grow and is even starting to curl up in the back. I am so curious to see if he will have the curls that Eliana had as a baby. Won't that really confuse people... and Asian looking baby with a head of black curls! It is so hard to believe that I am going to have to start planning his first birthday soon. Better buy him a pair of running shoes, as I am almost positive he will be walking/running by his first birthday. Crazy, precious boy!!

3 comments:

Emily Schueler said...

Gee, I think I need another little girl to be betrothed to Kai. He is so blasted handsome!

Jon's Supercutie said...

That is completely fine with us... although there could potentially be a height issue on our side.:) Can you imagine what a Schueler/Uyboco combo would look like?!:) Less than a month til I see you!!!

Emily Schueler said...

I'm willing to find out what that combo would look like. Pencil the Uyboco/Schueler wedding in for October 15, 2033. That should give us all enough time to prep!!! How about at the Hale Koa. This is all contingent on Christ's return of course, but I'll take this as a backup plan!